Evidence-Based Project, Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach.
- Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4, related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT.
- Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT as the basis for your reflection.
- Consider the best method of disseminating the results of your presentation to an audience.
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
- Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
- Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Explain how you would disseminate the results of your project to an audience. Provide a rationale for why you selected this dissemination strategy.
- Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
- Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
- Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
- A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)
Part 4: Disseminating Results
Create a, 8-9-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation of your Evidence-Based Project:
Briefly describe the following: your healthcare organization and culture, current opportunity for change, scope of issue, and EBP best practice recommendation.
Explain how you would plan knowledge transfer and dissemination.
Describe measurable outcomes with the implementation of EBP best practice.
Summarize lessons learned.
The narrated presentation accurately and completely summarizes the
evidence-based project. The narrated presentation is professional in
nature and thoroughly addresses all components of the evidence-based
The narrated presentation accurately and clearly describes in detail
the healthcare organization and culture, current opportunity for change,
scope of the issue, and EBP best practice recommendation.
The narrated presentation accurately and clearly describes how to plan
for knowledge transfer, disseminate the results of the project to an
audience, citing specific and relevant examples.
The narrated presentation clearly and accurately describes measurable
outcomes with the implementation of the EBP best practice and
summarizes lessons learned.
The narrated presentation fully integrates at least two outside resources
and two or three course-specific resources that fully support the
Narration is present.
The presentation is professional; images are appropriately attributed; images are clear. The presentation text is readable. Presentation flows well and is presented in a logical order.
The presentation must be professional; images are appropriately attributed;
images are clear. The presentation text is readable. Presentation flows well
and is presented in a logical order.
Written Expression and Formatting—English Writing Standards:
Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation.
Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation with no errors.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."