Over recent years, meditation has become more commonplace amongst athletes. This is a key practice that is gaining momentum in sports psychology and is likely to continue to be a common intervention. In order to better understand meditation and potentially train others in its use, this assignment will require you to practice meditation.
- Meditate on five different days (at least 10 minutes each time) utilizing a meditation app, such as Headspace or Calm
- In a meditation j.ournal, document the day, time, duration, setting, feelings prior to meditation, feelings after meditation, and new insights gained from the experience
- In the textbook, read the section(s) on meditation in Chapter 16: Mindfulness in Sport
Williams, J. M., & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Find a peer-reviewed article (within the past four years) on meditation in sport
Write a 500- to 600-page r.esearch/r.eflection p.aper to include:
- An introductory review of what meditation is and how it has been applied to sport, including a current (within the past four years) peer-reviewed article
- A brief discussion of your experiences with meditation
- What was challenging?
- What did you like?
- What did you learn?
- What changed for you over the five sessions?
- What challenges do you suspect athletes might encounter in trying meditation?
- What benefits do you think athletes would glean based on your experiences?
- A minimum of five different in-text citations and works cited, using APA formatting
- Please submit your meditation j.ournal along with your r.esearch/r.eflection p.aper
- See the assignment rubric below for more details
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."