RC Mental Health ADHD Behaviors Symptoms Fidgeting & Verbal Outburst
Ryan is a 12 year old diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD). As a small child, Ryan was first diagnosed with Attention Deficit, Hyperactivity Disorder. He had just started preschool and was unable to remain in one place for more than a minute or two. His parents had already had a very difficult time in disciplining him, because he would become very upset and throw temper tantrums when he could not do as he wished. He just seemed to be an unhappy, irritable child. This behavior continued in school. As time progressed, Ryan was diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, because he continued to refuse to listen to adults and comply with the rules.
By the age of 12, he has begun to bully and annoy others. His parents have decided that the approaches they have used in the past are not working, and they are more afraid his behavior will only get worse.
Provide explanations for these questions and statements:
- Describe the behaviors apparent for each disorder in this scenario (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder).
- If this behavior becomes worse and Ryan starts to violate the rights of others, what medical diagnosis will be given and why?
- Discuss at least two types of medication appropriate to treat Ryan and support your choices with rationale and credible resources
- Describe why therapy for the parent is important in this scenario including at least two supporting rationales.
- Review the posts of two classmates.
- In each post identify new knowledge gained.
- Describe how this new knowledge will impact your nursing practice including specific examples and credible resources
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."