quality initiative proposal
Make a quality initiative proposal (7-10 PowerPoint slides) through a presentation, interpreting and communicating dashboard data to support the proposalof PREVENTING READMISSIONS in healthcare with DETAILED SPEAKER NOTE
Health care providers are perpetually striving to improve care quality and patient safety. To accomplish enhanced care, outcomes need to be measured. Next, data measures must be validated. Measurement and validation of information support performance improvement. Health care providers must focus attention on evidence-based best practices to improve patient outcomes.
Health informatics, along with new and improved technologies and procedures, are at the core of all quality improvement initiatives. Data analysis begins with provider documentation, researched process improvement models, and recognized quality benchmarks. All of these items work together to improve patient outcomes. Professional nurses must be able to interpret and communicate dashboard information that displays critical care metrics and outcomes along with data collected from the care delivery process.
In this assessment, you will make a QI initiative proposal based on a health issue of professional interest to you. This proposal will be based on an analysis of dashboard metrics from a health care facility. You have one of two options:
If you have access to dashboard metrics related to a QI initiative proposal of interest to you:
- Analyze data from the health care facility to identify a health care issue or an area of concern. You will need access to reports and data related to care quality and patient safety. If you work in a hospital setting, contact the quality management department to obtain the data you need.
- You will need to identify basic information about the health care setting, size, and specific type of care delivery related to the topic that you identify. You are expected to abide by standards for compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Complete the following steps for your proposal:
- Analyze data to identify a health care issue or an area of concern as it relates to a state, national, or accreditation benchmark requirement relevant to your professional setting.
- Evaluate the quality of the data.
- Outline a QI initiative proposal based on the selected health issue or area of concern and supporting data analysis to improve identified dashboard metric. The interactive activity Designing a Quality Improvement Initiative can get you going on the first steps of a QI process and your assessment.
- Identify the target areas of improvement and outcome measures.
- Include the QI model that will be utilized.
- Specify evidence-based strategies that will be utilized.
- Integrate interprofessional perspectives and actions to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost-effectiveness, and work-life quality.
- Specify roles and responsibilities.
- Apply effective collaboration strategies to promote QI of interprofessional care.
- Include specific communication tools.
- Deliver a persuasive, coherent, and effective audiovisual presentation. Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Be sure that your proposal, at minimum, addresses each of the bullet points. You may also want to read the Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal Scoring Guide to better understand the performance levels that relate to each grading criterion. Additionally, be sure to review the Guiding Questions: Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal [DOCX] document for additional clarification about things to consider when creating your assessment.
RECORDING YOUR PRESENTATION
Before starting to record your presentation make sure you have:
- Set up and tested your microphone and headset using the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. You only need to use the headset if your audio is not clear or high quality when captured by the microphone.
- Practice using the equipment to ensure the audio quality is sufficient.
- Consult Using Kaltura for guidance on how to record your presentation and upload it in the courseroom.
- Microsoft PowerPoint also allows you to record your narration with your slides. If you choose this option, simply submit your presentation to the appropriate area of the courseroom. Your narration will be included with your slides.
- Remember to practice delivering and recording your presentation multiple times to ensure effective delivery..
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Length of submission: 7–10 PowerPoint slides, with DETAILED speaker notes, not including title slide and attached reference list. Balance text with visuals. Avoid text-heavy slides. Use speaker’s notes for additional content.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Plan quality improvement initiatives in response to routine data surveillance.
- Analyze data to identify a health care issue or area of concern as it relates to a state, national, or accreditation benchmark requirement.
- Outline a quality improvement initiative proposal based on a selected health care issue or area of concern and supporting data analysis to improve identified dashboard metrics.
- Competency 4: Integrate interprofessional perspectives to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost-effectiveness, and work-life quality.
- Integrate interprofessional perspectives and specify actions to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost-effectiveness, and work-life quality.
- Competency 5: Apply effective communication strategies to promote quality improvement of interprofessional care.
- Apply effective collaboration strategies to promote quality improvement of interprofessional care.
- Create a persuasive, coherent, and effective audiovisual presentation. Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."