Assessment DescriptionDifferentiating instruction to meet the needs of all students in the classroom should be
Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all students in the classroom should be part of every teachers instructional strategy. There are many techniques that can be used to modify instruction and accommodate for students needs, and knowledge about evidence-based practices for doing so should be used when making decisions about instruction. The use of Response to Intervention (RTI) programs and a multitier system of support (MTSS) to establish programs that meet the varied needs of students in one setting are commonly used strategies for differentiation. Additionally, Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a framework to guide these types of evidence-based instructional deliveries and practices. Data from tiered support systems such as RTI and MTSS can be used to steer the UDL framework.
Imagine that you have been asked to create an informational digital presentation about Universal Design for Learning approaches that can be used by special education and general education teachers in the grade levels associated with your field of study.
Refer to The UDL Guidelines, the topic Resources, and your research to create an 8-10 slide digital presentation that addresses the following:
- Explain how applying UDL principles in the educational setting can address the needs of all students, including students with disabilities.
- Describe the UDL guidelines of engagement, representation, action, and expression.
- Describe three specific, evidence-based UDL instructional approaches or adaptations that teachers could utilize to enhance the success and promote the growth and development of students with and without disabilities.
- Discuss how UDL and the use of evidence-based strategies can influence and be used to improve professional practice and student outcomes. Provide specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
- Provide links to five additional resources related to UDL statistics and approaches and describe how each would be beneficial to teachers as they implement the UDL framework.
- Title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."