A hospital in a religiously and ethnically diverse community invites local religious leaders, including those belonging to religions with significant health-related beliefs and practices, including Judaism, Islam, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormonism), and Roman Catholicism, to participate in a panel discussion on religion and health care practices. The panel is asked various questions about health-related beliefs and practices such as diet; medications; medical procedures; practices related to birth, reproduction, and death; religious organizational infrastructure for visiting the sick; healing rituals; specific needs during illness and hospitalization; and other health-related issues.
1. Are spirituality and religion the same? Explain the rationale for your answer.
2. What is meant by ethnoreligious beliefs and practices? Provide an operational definition using your own words.
3. How are a client’s religious and cultural practices interconnected?
4. What scientific evidence is there that clients’ religious beliefs and practices influence their overall health, prevent or alleviate certain diseases, and/or contribute to longevity?
5. How does your knowledge of a client’s health-related cultural beliefs and practices influence your nursing care for him or her?
Explain public policy, private policy , health policy, social policy, organizational policy.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."