Alcohol has been used by humans for everything from social gatherings to social ceremonies. Alcohol consumption is interwoven with many traditions and moderate use of alcohol can enhance celebrations or special events. Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death. Tobacco is known to cause about 20 diseases and nearly half of all smokers die of smoking-related diseases. Using approximately 100 words each and APA 7th edition citations and referencing as appropriate, refer to Chapter 9 of the textbook, Health, The Basics, and answer the following questions regarding alcohol and tobacco use:
- Would a person be more intoxicated after having four gin and tonics instead of four beers? Why or why not.?
- At what point in life should you start worrying about the long-term effects of alcohol abuse or misuse?
- When it comes to drinking alcohol, how much is too much? How can you avoid drinking amounts that will affect your judgement? If you see a friend having too many drinks at a party, what actions could you take?
- What are some of the most common negative consequences college students experience as a result of drinking? What negative impacts do students experience as a result of other students’ excessing drinking?
- What tactics do tobacco companies use to target different groups of people?
- What are some of the main reasons college students choose to use tobacco?
- Discuss the various ways in which tobacco is used. Is any method less addictive or less hazardous to health than another?
- Discuss health hazards associated with tobacco. Who should be responsible for the medical expenses of smokers? Insurance companies? Smokers themselves?
- Describe the various methods of tobacco cessation. Which method would be most effective for you (if you were a smoker and wanted to quit)? Why?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."