Deliverable 6 – Nursing Care Strategies in Genetics and Genomics
Design nursing care strategies which incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are a new graduate nurse caring for a patient that received a positive result from a genetic or genomic testing technology. Part of your role as a general nurse in genetic and genomic care is to provide accurate information, ensure appropriate patient referral, and serve as a patient advocate.
Develop a plan of care that identifies nursing strategies that incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors, three interprofessional resources, and three referral resources for a client that has a positive result from a genetic or genomic testing technology that you explain.
Your plan of care will be presented in a Word document that includes the following sections:
- Explanation a specific genetic or genomic testing technology
- Describe what positive results of the testing technology indicates
- Design a plan of nursing care strategies based on positive results
- Describe three interprofessional resources in planning care for clients with genetic and genomic needs
- Determine three resources for facilitation of genetic and genomic referrals
For additional writing and research support, please visit the following Library and Learning Services resources:
- APA Guide
- Nursing Research Page
- How can I make a Research Appointment with a Rasmussen College Librarian?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."