Research and discuss the philosophy and methods of antibiotic selection and stewardship. Select and address one of the focus areas below. Support your summary and recommendations plan with a minimum of two APRN approved scholarly resources.
- Discuss antibiotic stewardship and the role you play in this as a nurse practitioner.
- Discuss antibiotic resistance.
- Discuss what resources are available for antibiotic selection.
- Explain how to obtain and interpret microbiology cultures/sensitivities.
- Explain antibiograms.
- Discuss when is it appropriate to withhold antibiotics until a pathogen can be identified versus when you must initiate empiric antibiotic therapy while the pathogen is still being identified.
- Explain what is meant by local or geographic antibiotic resistance.
- Explain when it is appropriate to consult an infectious disease specialist.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."